Local, Town and County News
FOR AN UPDATE ON TOWN NEWS, GO TO NEWS FROM THE TOWN SUPERVISOR ON THE WEBSITE'S HOME PAGE.
October 6, 2021 Pfizer Vaccine Booster Dose Clinic
Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Location: Ontario County Highway Office, 2930 County Road 48, Canandaigua, NY 14424 (Drive-thru)
Registration Link: https://tinyurl.com/4w2ecc4n
Who May Attend:
- Booster doses are only currently recommended for those that have had 2 doses of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine AND it has been 6 months since the 2nd dose.
- This is confusing and may be subject to change based on NYSDOH. Visit NYSDOH website for an updated Booster Dose eligibility list: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/booster-doses-frequently-asked-questions#for-immunocompromised-new-yorkers
- Individuals 65 years of age or older
- Residents of a long-term care facility
- Individuals age 50-64 with underlying medical conditions
- Individuals age 18-49 with underlying medical conditions--based on individual benefit and risk
- Individuals age 18-64 who are at an increased risk for COVID-19 exposure or transmission because of occupational or institutional setting.
- Cancer (current or in remission, including 9/11-related cancers)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Pulmonary Disease, including but not limited to, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), asthma (moderate-to-severe), pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, and 9/11 related pulmonary diseases
- Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities including Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, including but not limited to heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies, or high blood pressure
- Immunocompromised (weakened immune system) including but not limited to solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, use of other immune weakening medicines, or other causes.
- Severe Obesity (BMI 40 kg/m2), Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease or Thalassemia
- Type 1 or 2 diabetes mellitus
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)--*Neurologic conditions including but not limited to Alzheimer’s Disease or dementia
- Liver Disease
- Occupational Settings
- Essential workers (frontline and non-frontline)
- Unpaid caregiver of a frail or immunocompromised person
- Paid and Unpaid workers who interact within 6 feet of others.
- Institutional Settings
- Live in a congregate setting (e.g. homeless shelter, correctional facility)
Attention East Bloomfield Community ~ Road line striping
The Roads will be striped when the company that does the striping notifies the Town with their schedule. We have no control over such schedule, other than we put in our request for the summer of 2021. Thank you for your patience.
Household Hazardous Waste, Electric Waste, Residential Tire, Paper Shredding, Pumpkins
Dependable Disposal LLC
To keep the transfer station financially viable and sustainable the following changes will take effect on Jan 1, 2021.
Thank you for your understanding.
Price per bag increase to $5.00 per bag
Transfer station hours: Starting Feb 27 through Dec 31 open every Saturday
Transfer Station Custodian: Leo Kennerson,
Phone number: 585-704-2122.
The Students, Faculty, and Staff of Bloomfield Central Schools produced these four tributes to our veterans, including home visitations. Check out these amazing videos and artistic works.
FREE 18 GALLON RECYCLING BINS FOR TOWN OF EAST BLOOMFIELD RESIDENTS
AVAILABLE ON A FIRST COME BASIS. If interested, please call 585-657-7700 Ext. 1 or
Bloomfield Central School- Capital project information
Please be aware that construction work related to the Bloomfield Central School District Capital Improvement Project has begun in the schools tennis court area. Now that construction in that location has started the area will be closed for use by the public. The District is asking that everyone please stay out of that area as it is not safe while construction is ongoing. The District apologizes for the inconvenience, once construction is complete the area will once again be open for student and community use.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, if you have any questions please feel free to contact Bloomfield Superintendent of Schools, Andy Doell, at the District Office.
Bloomfield Central School- Job openings
School bus drivers- Probationary Position
18.00 per hour see details at the above link
High School Diploma for Veterans
SENIOR LIVING HELP
Read Full Post